- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 pound firm, fresh cod fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tbs of crushed fresh thyme or dried Thyme
- 1 egg
- Season to taste using black pepper, salt & garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
Place the potatoes in a large pot of water; bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender.
Add the fish to the pot and let the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl. Can substitute salmon fresh or canned.
Add onion, parsley, and egg to the bowl; season to taste using black pepper, seasoning salt & garlic powder; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into patties. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour, this will blend the flavors and solidify mixture to avoid crumbling when frying.
For perfect even cakes, try using an ice-cream scoop to form balls and shape with hands. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the patties on both sides until golden brown, then lower heat and cook through. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Serve on a bed of baby spinach leaves, accompanied with Blue cheese, horseradish dressing.